Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Lawn Bowling with the OI staff
Today was the Christmas party for Opportunity International, which is where I volunteer. I racked up to have lunch with everyone in the office and then we had our Kris Kringle gift exchange. Ironically, I ended up with what I brought so I'm glad I liked what I took! The plan for the rest of the afternoon was to head to Paddington and compete in lawn bowls. We don't have this at home but its similar to boccie or shuffle board in a way. Each team had discussed wearing costumes and their strategy before showing up. Our team was called the "Golden Oldies" and we wore all white with very glittery, gold hats and tinsel. Not sure how we pulled this off, but our team won and we were not only a person down but had the handicap of the American! We did great, not me, but we did much better than the other teams and had so much fun. It was a really warm afternoon which then was followed by an incredibly big thunderstorm. I was even stopped on the train coming home and had to wait for a bit because the station I was heading to was struck by lightning. It really was fun to get to know the staff and volunteers and just a fun way to spend a Thursday! Andy leaves tomorrow and I can't wait to see him on Saturday:)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read this when you posted, but didn't have time to leave a comment. However, I keep remembering the picture of you in your white outfit and glittery gold hat, and I CRACK UP every time! Priceless. :)
ReplyDelete